This is a taster class for children aged 11+. It includes seated and standing poses, balancing and mindful breathing.
Physical learning objectives:
- develop flexibility, range of motion and strength whilst also releasing muscular tension through yoga-based stretches and postures
- develop control and technique within the postures
- develop breath awareness and learn functional breathing habits (slow, nasal breathing).
Personal, social and emotional learning objectives:
- connect with physical sensations to slow down the thinking brain to aid relaxation
- foster positive connection with body
- develop appreciation of the importance and value of rest
- Provide a tool-box of techniques for relaxation and stress relief
Communication and language objectives:
- develop anatomical vocabulary and awareness
Equipment / space recommendations:
- They will need space around them to reach their arms out to the side and to have a wide legged stance. They will also need space to lie on the floor.
- Mats are recommended.