This is a taster class for children under 5 years of age. It includes movement (on the spot), balancing and mindful breathing.
Physical learning objectives:
- develop spatial and bodily awareness
- develop ability to move and balance through a range of different postures
- develop breath awareness and learn functional breathing habits (slow, nasal breathing).
Personal, social and emotional learning objectives:
- develop a positive sense of themselves and confidence in their own ability
- develop social skills by taking part in individual practice in a group setting
- develop the ability to regulate energy output – transitioning from movement to stillness/quietness.
Communication and language objectives:
- engage with the story and yoga specific vocabulary to enrich their language environment
- respond to what they hear with relevant actions
- develop the ability to follow instructions to move into different postures.
Equipment / space recommendations:
- Children will need space around them to reach their arms and legs out to the side.